Silicone Rubber Self Fusing Electrical Tape meeting A-A-59163 MIL-I-46852 & MIL-I-22444 Specifications
365°F / 180°C Continuous Exposure: Higher Intermittent
FlameShield™ rectangular (Type I) and triangular (Type II) profile silicone rubber self-fusing self-amalgamating compression tapes meeting various OEM manufacturer's and A-A-59163, Mil-I-46852 or Mil-I-22444 specification are used for a variety of critical electrical wiring and cable splicing and protection jobs. Especially suited for aviation and marine environments, as well as outdoor weathering environments.
The tape has no adhesive, but sticks to itself (self-fuses or self amalgamating) when stretched and wrapped onto itself. The tapes starts curing within minutes, and after several hours cannot be unwound or removed without using a sharp knife or blade. This tape makes a waterproof, weatherproof and air tight protection.
This tape is available in oxide-red and black colors - other colors are custom run. The triangular tape has a guideline stripe in the center which aids in achieving a 50% spiral wrap. Triangular levelwrap tapes provide a smooth surface on spiral wrapping, preventing the tape wrap area from snagging when pulling a wire or cable through a bundle or over objects or openings.
FlameShield™ tapes meeting A-A-59163, Mil-I-46852 and Mil-I-22444 provide superior electrical insulation with a minimum of 300 volts per mil (.001") of tape thickness at 365°F / 180°C. A 20mil tape therefore provides 6000 volts per wrap of insulation value. This tape is also used to wrap hydraulic connections and to make vibration resistant bumpers and spacers for wiring, cable, hose, pipes and lines. This tape is used to wrap and hold insulation in place on hot air ducts.
Links to Specific Tapes:
- AA-59163 Tapes
- MIL-I-46852 Tapes
- MIL-I-22444 Tapes
- NSN / NATO Stock Number Tapes
- 3M 70 & 70HDT Equivalent Silicone Electrical Tape
- 4529670544 Markel 5970-00-955-9976
- 66N 67N 68N 69N 78N 79N Silicone Tapes
- Amphenol Connector Backshell Clamp Isolation Busing Tape
- ASNA5107 Silicone Rubber Electrical Tape
- Boeing HS5215E103 Silicone Rubber Electrical Insulation Tape
- Boeing McDonnel Douglas DMS2186
- ES7889 Systems & Electronics Silicone Rubber Electrical Tape
- General Dynamics P5384 Tape
- General Electric A50A493 & 3003M70 Tape
- General Electric A50E112 & EMS2074 Tape
- ITT CANON Backshell Clamp Bushing Tape
- Lockheed-Martin 5-00857 & 5-00615 Tape
- Lockheed-Martin 6084744 Tape
- Lockheed-Martin P5189 Tape
- Rockwell International ST0130RB0078 Tape
- Rohr Goodrich Aerostructures RMS315
- RL6000SA / RL6000SB Stretchtape Kirkhill TA Esterline Equivalent Tape
- Simrit ARMET GUIDELINE Freudenberg NOK MIL-I-46852 AA-59163 Equivalent Tape
- Simrit Freudenberg NOK MIL-I-22444 Equivalent Tape
- Thomas&Betts Equivalent Silicone Rubber Isolation Tape
- Tyco Electronics TE Connectivity 608036 Equivalent Silicone Fusion Tape