Silica Needled Insulation Lagging Felt / Batt - High temperature heat resistant and thermal insulating
1900°F / 1037°C Continuous Exposure: Higher Intermittent
InSilMax™ InsulBatt™ 1800 High Temperature needled silica insulation (lagging) is fabricated from high quality Silica that will not burn and will withstand continuous exposure to temperatures of 1900°F / 1037°C with excursions to 2300°F / 1260°C.
This material resists most acids and alkalis and is unaffected by most bleaches and solvents. It is highly flexible and conformable. Available in 1/8", 1/4", 1/2" & 1" thickness.
Shot-free and manufactured from continuous filament silica yarns (6 micron diameter fiber). Applications for these products include thermal insulation and/or protection of equipment such as piping, valves, engine components, turbine casings, as well as affording personnel protection from high temperature plant equipment. Stress relief customers utilize this product as it provides high re-use cycles due to its strength.
For 1" material tested to ASTM C177 (test density 9.98 lbs/ft2):
- at 92°C/198°F Apparent Thermal Conductivity is 0.0448 (SI) or .310 (British) Thermal Resistance is 0.482 (SI) or 2.73 (British)
- at 203°C/397°F Apparent Thermal Conductivity is 0.0589 (SI) or .408 (British) Thermal Resistance is 0.366 (SI) or 2.08 (British)
- at 316°C/600°F Apparent Thermal Conductivity is 0.0764 (SI) or .530 (British) Thermal Resistance is 0.282 (SI) or 1.60 (British)
- at 537°C/999°F Apparent Thermal Conductivity is 0.1235 (SI) or .856 (British) Thermal Resistance is 0.175 (SI) or 0.99 (British)
- at 649°C/1200°F Apparent Thermal Conductivity is 0.1558 (SI) or 1.080 (British) Thermal Resistance is 0.138 (SI) or 0.79 (British)
Apparent Thermal Conductivity is W/m-K (SI) or Btu-in/hr-F-ft2 (British)
Thermal Resistance is m2-K/W (SI) or hr-F-ft2Btu (British)